Friday, April 11, 2008

A Conversation With Wendy

After Wendy (just turned four) and I read a book we had this conversation....(Baby Rose was on a blanket right in front of us)
Wendy..."Why is she smiling?"

Me..."Because she is happy."

Wendy.."I love Rose."

Me..."Yes, me too."

Wendy..."I don't want a baby in my house."

Me..."You don't?"

Wendy..."We could give her away, and what would you say?"

Me..."I would be sad."

Wendy...(with a big smile)"We could give her to Nana and what would you say?"

Me...."Nana would be happy!"

Wendy..."Would you cry, Mama?"

Me..."Yes. A lot."

Pause and much thought...

Wendy..."Mama, you can keep her. I love Rose."

2 comments:

Monica said...

That is too sweet. I'm glad that you decided to keep her:)

Mum-me said...

What a cute conversation! But after the day we've had here I think a few of my children would be all too happy to give away one of their siblings.