Here is the original recipe. And the following is the recipe with adjustments and approximate cost:
- 3 cups old fashioned oats 0.75
- 1 cup brown sugar 0.50
- 1 cup milk 0.25
- 1/2 cup butter melted 0.50
- 2 beaten eggs 0.25
- 1 tsp. baking powder 0.05
- 1 tsp. salt 0.05
- 1 tsp. cinnamon 0.05
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract 0.10
- milk, nuts, fruit for toppings 0.50
- Total cost: $3.00, (and probably less, but I guessed on the high side)
Directions: Combine the ingredients and mix well. Spread evenly in 2 greased 13x9 baking dishes. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. (mine was done at 25m) Serve warm.
Everyone loved this. Some ate it with milk and fruit and nuts, some just plain. But, everyone loved this. I am serving a lot of oatmeal and this will be a regular on the menu.
I poured about an inch of milk in my bowl and warmed it in the microwave, then spooned in the baked oatmeal and topped with coconut and walnuts. YUM!
This post is a part of Frugal Friday.