Friday, March 28, 2008
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
These verses came to mind today also. I am thankful for the beauty of the season and God's promises in these passages.
And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; and they toil not, neither do they spin:
And yet I say unto you, and even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, oh ye of little faith?
Therefore take no thought, saying, what shall we eat? or, what shall we drink? or, wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(For all of these things do the Gentiles seek) For your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Seek ye first the kingdom of God , and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:28-33
Monday, March 24, 2008
- Monday-Laundry- tommy's clothes, clean out refrigerator and freezer, make a grocery list and menu for this week ( attempt to stay within budget for the rest of March), go to grocery store.
- Tuesday-Laundry-Wendy, Lily, and Rose, deep clean bathrooms, we have four so this is more than enough for one day!
- Wednesday-Laundry-Abby and Anna, sweep/vacuum and mop all floors
- Thursday-Laundry- Jacob and Samuel, wash windows so we can see more of all this pretty spring sunshine! Start packing for a trip to Nana and Papa's house next weekend, we are excited!
- Friday-Laundry-whatever needs washing! Pack and prepare for our trip!
I will update with some progress, hopefully! Have a great Monday and visit here for some cleaning inspiration!
- Monday Update:
- Monday's list is done! I am so glad I made this list. It gives more of a sense of accountability and I usually lose a paper list or just forget about it in the business of the day! Here are a few pictures: Before:
Lots of help wiping out the refrigerator:
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
I did two transaction's:
the dove deal went like this:
2 dove body washes 3.99 ea.
1 dove deodorant 3.49
2 dove shampoos B1G1 4.99
1 cvs spray hand sanitizer 1.79
-8.00 dove coupons from the paper
-1.79 (coupon from cvs in my email for the hand sanitizer, yay!)
-3.00 off beauty products online printable
-5 off 15 cvs purchase
=.88 out of pocket!
earned 5 ecb's
2 bags peanut m&m's 2/6.00
2 glade sprays .99 ea.
1 glade wisp flameless candle 7.99
1kid's listerine smart rinse 2.99
1 maybeline lip stick 8.99
1 glade candle 2.99
1 cvs hand sanitizer 1.79
1 gallon milk 4.09
-11.38 manufac. coupons
-5 off 30 from a previous receipt
-5 off 15 online printable
=1.16 paid out of pocket!
earned 17.98 ecb's
Rose, our newest cvs shopper.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Here is what's cookin' this week:
Breakfast: mostly boxed cereal thanks to our deals at kroger last week
Lunch: burritos, pbj, leftovers, fruit
Monday-whole wheat pancakes, sausage, orange slices
Tuesday-grilled chicken, macaroni and cheese, steamed broccoli
Wednesday-wheat berry soup (with venison from the freezer), rolls, peach cobbler
Thursday-grilled cheese or egg salad sandwiches, carrots, applesauce
Visit Laura's site for more menu ideas!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
We had fun at CVS. The picture is just one of our trips! We were able to get three free gallons of milk to go with the 20 boxes of cereal we bought at Kroger for $15! My favorite transaction at CVS went like this:
3 bags of starbuck's coffee 6.99 ea
-$4 off 20 cvs coupon
-$5 off 15 cvs coupon
At Food Lion we bought the three baby items for $1!
Go to Crystal's blog to get the links to great coupons!
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Boy, was I a tired Mama today! This little girl took the girl's night thing a little too far and we did not get a whole lot of sleep:) But all the sweet smiles and talks we have now make it all better!
A time will come that I get a full nights sleep, but for now I just have to keep going and enjoy sharing smiles:)
This is the day that the Lord hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
Friday, March 7, 2008
Our "second" church, the one we call "the church across the street" delivered this gift to us yesterday. Can you believe that 15 years and seven kids later, this was a first- a diaper cake. I was thrilled! It is one of the cutest baby gifts I've ever seen. It is full of useful things...diapers and wipes of course, hand knitted booties and a hat, a pink Bible, a reusable ice pack, toys, socks, a onesie, a spoon and bottle, a towel, washcloth, and blanket! It is all held together by beautiful pink ribbon. Hand made gifts and cards are just the best aren't they!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
This meal has become a favorite for us. A sweet family at church brought us this meal after Rose was born. I found this recipe and made a few changes to make it a little lower fat and a "hair" cheaper.
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- 5 cups of cooked, diced chicken (I have used a rotisserie chicken and skinless boneless chicken)
- 1 can of Cambell's healthy request cream of chicken soup
- plus one can of milk
- 16 ounces of sour cream
- one tablespoon poppy seeds
- one sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- preheat oven to 350
- combine the first five ingredients
- pour into 13x9 casserole dish
- cover with crushed crackers and drizzle with butter
- bake 30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges and crackers are golden brown
We serve this over rice so it's more filling. We could easily eat two pans:)
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
- bird watch
- take pictures, just for fun
- read books
- plan our next cvs trip
- sort coupons
- be musical, I heard guitar, piano, and harmonica playing today
- watch a movie, Wendy requested John Wayne, which made me chuckle:o)
- fold and put away laundry, lots of laundry
- try to make baby Rose smile and coo, which we did and she giggled!
- do math
- sort baby clothes, Rose is outgrowing her clothes quickly
- bake something, we made granola, YUM!
- open a window so you can hear the rain too
- wear bunny slippers like baby Rose:o)
I wrote this just for fun and realized that we did a lot today.
Thank you Lord for the soaking rain.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
She has grown to 24 inches and weigh 11 pounds 7 ounces!
Here she is snuggled in her sling sleeping. She loves being held and startles very easily. About the only times you will hear her cry is when she gets scared or startled and if we put her in her car seat awake.
What a "ham"! Don't you want to squeeze her cheeks?!
I felt like we had to really work at putting together a plan to make CVS work for us this week. The deals were few and far between. We did get the Revlon buy $20 and get $10 ECB's deal. I really debated this one because I just don't use very much make-up. Again, thanks goes to Abby because she searched for some light nail polishes and a mascara to total the $20 while I walked sleepy Rose around the store. Here's the break-down...
Read Crystal's Super Saving Saturday!