Monday, August 24, 2009

Tater Tot Casserole

This is great "comfort food". I also think this will be a new kid favorite. I recently read somewhere about this dish and thought, "My kids would probably really like that." Doesn't everyone like tater tots? I was surprised how many recipes you'll find online when you do a search of this one. Then I remembered seeing this on the Duggar's website. Read their version of the recipe here.
I came up with my own version and it turned out really tasty.

Tater Tot Casserole
2 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef, (browned and drained of any grease)
season the beef with garlic, salt, and pepper
1 can of green beans drained
1 can of corn (drained) save the liquid
1 can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
1 can of milk (after you dump in the soup, fill up the can)
1 cup of sour cream
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese
32 ounce bag of tater tots

While you browning the ground beef, spray a 9x13 glass casserole dish. Preheat oven to 375*. Layer corn, green beans, and ground beef in the dish. Whisk together the soup, milk, sour cream, and most of the liquid from the corn. Pour over the meat evenly. Add a layer of cheese. Add tater tots. I put them in one at a time to get a "full dish". Bake covered for 40 minutes and 15 minutes uncovered to brown the tater tots.

1 comment:

Tisha Alexander said...

This seriously sounds yummy! I saw it on an episode of 18 Kids and Counting, but forgot all about it until this post.

I hope your school year is off to a great start!!