- There have been other good things happening to report with the loss and positive changes in my diet. Here's a list of a few things I've noticed:
- a huge improvement in frequency of headaches
- skin rashes have improved or healed completely
- less aches and pains and general morning stiffness has improved
- stomach issues are much improved
- hypoglycemia (blood sugar highs and lows) are gone
- major sugar/carb cravings are gone (if I "crave a piece of cake" it's because i want to enjoy a piece of cake, not because of a constant physical need for sugar for energy) I enjoy desert. That will never change. It just needs to stay an occasional pleasure!
I have discovered through my low carb dieting that I am gluten intolerant. I notice an instant recurrence of most of my list if I have bread or some other wheat item. I especially notice stomach problems. I need to do a little more research about how to handle this long term, but the proof is in the "pudding" or in this case my symptoms make it very clear.
I have also figured out that sugar substitutes like splenda and whatever they put in diet drinks do not agree with me at all. I just can't tolerate it. I've tried to eat sugar free ice cream and diet soft drinks for an occasional treat only to be left with a headache and tummy ache. They taste really good, but the side effects are not worth the temporary treat.
For now, fruit has become my sweet of choice. Summer is the perfect time to enjoy a great variety of in season fruit! And here's what's for dinner!:
Monday-BLT's, slaw , fresh pineapple (salad for me)
Tuesday- roast in the crockpot, rice, garden veggies, cantaloupe
Wednesday-taco salad, honeydew melon
Thursday-chicken, rice, salad, watermelon
Friday-dinner after VBS at church