Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Great Deal...An Understatement!!

you can barely see Rose in the back ground, she was really excited about the cheese and the cheerios too!
This is certainly the best I've ever done bargain shopping. This is the kind of deal coupon shoppers and frugalites dream of. And to think, I wasn't even going to buy any cheese at Kroger this week. The original sale price was ok at $.99 cents per 8 ounce bag, but I can do better at Sam's Club normally. A friend of mine alerted me that a $4 catalina printed for 5 bags of Kraft cheese purchased in one transaction. But, it got even better because this promo overlapped with Sunday's Mega event that gives a $5 bonus for buying 10 participating items which included Kraft cheese! So follow the math with me....
Buy 4 Kraft cheeses, get the 5th one free for a total of $5.08. On my first transaction I had a $1 off coupon and paid $4.08 out of pocket and a $4 off catalina printed out. So, I continued the process using the $4 off coupon each transaction and for every 10 cheeses I bought an additional $5 was deducted from my order allowing me to buy all the cheerios, OJ, milk, eggs, ice cream, and baby wipes! I paid a total of $22 and change. And I have a $4 catalina off my next trip to Kroger. Thankfully cheese freezes well :) It really pays to keep your eyes open to great deals as you go through your local stores. And if you find a great deal don't be afraid to stock up while you can.
I also came across a grocery cart of Pampers at my Kroger this week. There was an employee cleaning off the shelves. They weren't priced yet, so I asked her to scan them for me and tell me what they were to be clearanced at. I ended up with 10 large packs of pampers for $35.00. Getting these kinds of deals leaves a lot more room in the grocery budget week to week!
~~Thank you Heather for the great tip on the cheese sale :)!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow Monica you really snagged some great deals!! I think I'm jealous, that is awesome :)

Monica said...

That is amazing!! Great job. You'll have enough cheese to last you through fall it looks like!

Unknown said...

Wow, that's very impressive!