Monday, December 17, 2007

Menu Plan Monday



My first Menu Plan Monday. I am so excited to participate after following so many others for a while!

When I plan our menu, we do usually end eating all that is listed, however it is a "loose plan" depending on our schedule and what sounds good to us on that particular day. I love having a plan to refer to. I have just recently started writing the "plan" on a dry erase board in the kitchen. Everyone likes to give their opinion on what's for dinner and my disorganized mind loves the visual reminder:)

Monday...Baked whole chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas

Tuesday...cheesy potato soup, turkey bacon, cornbread

Wednesday...crockpot mac-n-cheese, meatballs with chili sauce, biscuits

Thursday...Spagetti with choice of red sauce or white sauce, salad, cheese breadstix

I only planned through Thursday so I can plan and shop for Christmas weekend with our vistit with my Mom and Dad, Lord willing:)

Check out more menus at http://orgjunkie.com/menu-plan-monday

6 comments:

Monica said...

Looks yummy. Being flexible with meals is a must,but I'll agree with you that it is always nice to have a few options pending. I'd love to see your mac and cheese crockpot recipe. I've never found one that we like yet.

Monica said...

Hi Monica, I just love that you are visiting! Well, I don't follow an exact recipe, but it goes something like this...

2 16oz. boxes of macaroni (regular or whole wheat)

a few tablespoons of butter

generous amount of black pepper

2 cans of evaporated milk

Lots of sharp cheddar cheese, six or eight cups is not too much, one cup or so goes on top

Cook macaroni to package directions. Grease crock pot generously. Add macaroni, stir in butter to coat pasta, add pepper,milk, and cheese, and mix well. Add cheese on top and more pepper. Cook on high for an hour or so, or low for about two hours. The things to remember are to add plenty of liquid and don't cook it too long because it will be dry and not creamy. Add some water after the milk if you can't see milk just below the top of the pasta. And you can't have too much cheese in this, your are definitely not thinking of your waistline when you prepare this one, it's all about the yum factor! I think your family will love this as much as mine:)

Sandra said...

Great Menu....Happy Holidays!

♥Sandra♥

Monica said...

Thanks for the recipe. Evaporated milk... maybe that's what I was missing. I'll give it a try, that's for sure. I love to use my crockpot as often as possible!

Natalie said...

Everything sounds good! Welcome to MPM!

My Menu Plan is up too! :)

Laura said...

Hello, sorry I'm late getting around here but I did want to welcome you to MPM! I use a whiteboard as well, it just makes life so much easier.

Hope you are having a great week!

Laura